I’m often asked what software and hardware I’m using. This page attempts to answers that question.
I’ve switched from living in ‘Microsoft/Windows Land’ since the early 90’s to Mac in 2013. Wish I’d done it sooner. The integration between the devices is wonderful.
- MacBook Pro – 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Love it. Next time I’ll spring for the max RAM I can.
- iPhone 6s Plus – Great handheld computer, plus it has a phone.
- iPad Pro 9.7″ – with Apple keyboard cover and Apple Pencil
I added a pen clip from the “Bullet” Fischer Space Pen to the Apple Pencil, obtained from the Pen Shoppe Shop 24 Brisbane Arcade 160 Queen Street Brisbane QLD.. Finally a real digital replacement for Pad and Pen. Best tablet I’ve ever used. Using it daily.
- Daycraft iPad Pocket – Keeps my iPad protected.
- Suzuki Bandit 1250 – gotta have transport.
- Doc Martens – 1460 Boots and 1461 Shoes.
- Dunlop Volleys – canvas shoes.
- Kuru Toga 0.7mm – my favourite mechanical pencil.
- Fisher Space Pen – the SM4B Non-Reflective Military Matte Black, great pen.
- Moleskine – delightful notebooks.
- Cold Bruer – cold drip coffee.
- Leatherman – multi-tools are useful.
- All. Safari – access bucketloads of technical and business books and videos, wonderful training resource.
- All. Dropbox – cloud file storage.
- All. Evernote – like a cloud based filing cabinet.
- All. 1Password – trust me, you need a password manager. This is the one to use.
- Mac, iOS. OmniFocus for awesome for an individual to do task management.
- Mac, iOS. GoodNotes – Digital Ink. This is a required app if you’ve got an iPad Pro and Pencil. It makes taking real notes just like, well, taking real notes. Drop in PDF files, scribble on them, mark them up, share them. I use it daily.
- iOS. Drafts 4 – capture text and send it to where it needs to be (screencasts)
- iOS. Workflow – Create powerful workflows on iOS
- Mac, iOS. Duet – turn your iPad into a second screen for your Mac.
- Mac, iOS. Paprika Recipe Manager – manage recipies and plan meals.
- Mac, iOS. Soulver – napkin math made easy.
- Mac, iOS. Byword – wonderful markdown text editor.
- Mac, iOS. TextExpander – automatically expand short text snippets into full sentences.
- iOS. Essential Anatomny 5 – Understanding the body
- Mac. Hazel – file and folder automation.
- Mac. Keyboard Maestro – automate repetitive tasks.
- Mac. A useful Caps Lock key – Bretts instructions turn your Caps Lock key into something far more useful.
- Mac, iOS. MindNode – Mind Mapping on iOS and Mac OS.
- Mac. Marked 2 – markdown previewer.
- Mac. Backblaze – online backup.
- Mac. Navicat for MySQL – makes working with MySQL much easier.
- Mac. GeekTool – make your desktop useful.
- Atlassian Products
- Web. JIRA – used for managing multiple projects (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban).
- Web. Confluence – a wiki, tightly integrated with JIRA.
- Web. Bitbucket/Git – source code control.
- All. HipChat – IM/Chat, tightly integrated with JIRA, Bitbucket and more.
- note that my employer is a partner of Atlassian, feel free to contact us :) www.evolutionmarketing.com.au
- OS. CentOS – Redhat compatible linux.
Methodologies, Standards and Other Stuff
- GTD – Getting Things Done.
- Kanban – Visualise your work, Limit your work in progress.
- Markdown – plain text formatting, easy to use on any platform, ensures future usability.
- Anaconda – Open Data Science Platform Powered by Python.
- Pythonista – Pythonista is a development environment for writing Python scripts on iOS.